You will need: 100% mercerized cotton yarn for kneeting, and the one I use, is to work with a
crochet hook size 4
2 round pearl buttons small
Thread and needle to sew in the buttons
How do you like them??? For summer they look just adorable!!! with no socks showing off those beautifull legs!!! OMG!!! so, lets us start, and these are for new born baby they are about 3" long at the sole.
1. We start at the sole of the shoe, doing 15 chain stitches .
2. Make 2 extra chains to be able to start stitching "double crochet stitches" on top of of the 15 chains, that will give us 15 bars of double crochet stitches.
3. Now on the 15th bar we stitch 5 more bars or double crochet stitches, and continue on the second row, doing 15 mores double chain stitches or bars, as you see on the picture abobe right.
4. As we arrive to the other corner, we make 5 doble crochet stitches there, just in one place, and then continue doing the 15 more on top of our first row.
What we did, is, we went around our firt row of 15 bars or double stitches, and we added 5 new stitches on one extreme, and another 5 at the other extreme. When we finish this second row, we have a total of 40 bars or double stitches.
5. Now, we look at the top picture, and we can see that we are starting to knit the 3rd row of double crochet stitches. Since we start at one end of the shoe´s sole, we now have to add 5 more new stitches or bars, and we do that, by stitching one in place, and in the next place we stitch 2 of them. So, we end up with 10 double stitches on the extremes. We continue making the 15 bars till we arrive to the other extreme, and again, we stitch one bar, and in the next one, we stitch 2 in the same place, till we have a total bars of 10. We now continue again making the 15 more bars that we need to finish the sole of our little shoe.